100% Nebbiolo. 35% of the wine is then aged in mid-toasted French oak (a third new) for 30 months. The remaining 65% spends three years in 20 to 50 hectolitre casks
This vintage has extraordinary elegance, complexity and character. Silky and intense bouquet. Full body, great structure, right tannins, incredible ageing potential, precise and classic Nebbiolo style. The wine has sweet and very elegant tannins. From an outstanding vintage.
Serve with red meat dishes, game or seasonal truffle, mature cheeses.
“The Pio Cesare 2015 Barbaresco offers a mid-weight approach and a solid core of fruit. That dark fruit center is surrounded by supple but delicate tones of exotic spice, smoke, tar, licorice and crushed stone. This is a fragrant and elegant expression that drinks beautifully straight out of the gate. This is a classic Barbaresco with an easy and approachable personality.” The Wine Advocate: 92+ POINTS June 28, 2019, Monica Larner
“The label states: ‘Please don’t call it “Regular”‘. Pio Boffa doesn’t see this as a ‘basic’ or ‘regular’ bottling of Barbaresco, rather referring to it as the estate’s ‘classic’ bottling, as opposed to the single-vineyard Il Bricco. And it’s certainly ‘classic’ in outlook: the wine is matured for 24-30 months in mostly large oak botti, with a small amount in barrique. Sourced from four vineyards, three of which are in Treiso – the most elevated Barbaresco village – this has very fine, ripe yet fresh tannins with some gentle, savoury-edged red fruits. There’s a slight strawberry plushness on the finish. A great match for lamb served pink.” Decanter: 91 POINTS May 7, 2019
“A dense and layered red with plums, dried orange and lemon peel and a long and flavorful finish. Beautiful. Such impressive layers and a fantastic finish. Very exciting. Love the length. Available in February 2019. Drink in 2020, but already beautiful.” JamesSuckling.com: 95 POINTS September 24, 2018, James Suckling
Why buy from us?
We personally select all our products to offer you the best quality and value we can find.
Great Deals. The more wine you buy the more you save.
Delivery. Free Delivery for orders over £90 to most of the UK. Single bottle from £5.95.
120 Day Money Back Guarantee. Our simple refund and returns policy.
Payment Security. We use the leading secure online payment provider, so your details and payments are always safe as they can be.
One hour delivery window. With our next day service.
Producers sometimes change their packaging and blends without informing us. If you are after a particular bottling or label design that is in the image please check with us before placing your order.
If, like many people, you enjoy drinking great value wines, searching out something a little bit different from the mass market, or maybe you consider yourself to be a fine wine connoisseur, you'll want to receive all the latest and greatest news from Frazier's. Sign up, and you'll hear about fantastic new wines the moment they arrive in store, get extra special offers sent direct to your inbox, and simply be "in the know" about all things wine related. Subscribe to our newsletter!Add a valid email address below & click subscribe. Maybe you'll even earn yourself a FREE corkscrew.