Barbera

Barbera is a red Italian wine grape variety that, as of 2000, was the third most-planted red grape variety in Italy (after Sangiovese and Montepulciano). It is known for deep colour, low tannins and high levels of acid.

Century-old vines still exist in many regional vineyards and allow for the production of long-aging, robust red wines with intense fruit and enhanced tannic content. The best known appellation is the DOCG Barbera d'Asti in the Piedmont region. When young, the wines offer a very intense aroma of fresh red and blackberries. In the lightest versions notes of cherries, raspberries and blueberries and with notes of blackberry and black cherries in wines made of more ripe grapes. 

Barbaresco DOCG, Pio Cesare, Piemonte, Italy, 2015
Pio Cesare
Barbaresco DOCG Pio Cesare 2015
Barbaresco DOCG, Pio Cesare, Piemonte, Italy, 2015  100% Nebbiolo. 35% of the wine is then aged in mid-toasted French oak (a third new) for 30 months. The remaining 65% spends three years in 20 to 50 hectolitre casks This vintage...
£63.99