We do all we can to minimise the environmental impact of our business.
- We re-use boxes where we can.
- We use FSC-compliant card for our packaging.
- We use compostable inners for our boxes made from recycled paper.
- We maintain a modern fleet of vehicles for efficiency and to minimise emissions.
- We have LED lighting on PIRs to reduce our energy consumption.
- We plan our delivery routes as efficiently as possible.
- We are in the process of installing solar panels to run our climate-controlled wine storage.
Under The Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007, obligated packaging producers must register with the Environment Agency and meet waste packaging recycling and recovery responsibilities.
We are obligated under regulations, and as we are committed to fulfilling all our environmental obligations, we are fully compliant through our registration with UK government-approved Packaging Producer Compliance scheme, Comply Direct. Our packaging producer registration number is NPWD361261.
The Packaging Waste Regulations focus on ensuring packaging waste generated from business activity in the UK is reduced, considered for re-use, recycled or recovered in line with targets outlined by the EU Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive.
On an annual basis, we collate data on the packaging we handle within our company. This data determines a set unit of packaging recovery evidence.