The Latour family have long been established in Burgundy's wine trade. They began as vinegrowers in the village of Aloxe-Corton as early as 1768 and went on to establish today's business, Maison Louis Latour, in 1797. Today they are one of the region's most famous names creating wines from their own 50 hectare domaine in the Côte d'Or and from grapes and wines purchased through the negociant arm of the business. The company has been in family ownership for 11 generations and is now led by the 7th Louis Latour. He is ably supported by Chief winemaker Jean Charles Thomas, and Denis Fetzmann and Boris Champy who run the Domaine.