null

Pio Cesare

Barbaresco Pio Cesare 2018

Was:
£63.95
(You save )
    Case Deals
    Deal Each Total Savings
    Buy 6 £ £ £
    Buy 12 £ £ £
6 people looking at this.
Usually, ships from us on the same working day if ordered before 12 pm.

Description

Barbaresco DOCG, Pio Cesare, Piemonte, Italy, 2018

Grape: 100% Nebbiolo. Grapes from vineyards in Treiso and San Rocco Seno d’Elvio. 35% of the wine is aged in mid-toasted French oak (a third new) for 30 months. The remaining 65% spends three years in 20 to 50 hectolitre casks.

Producer Tasting Note:

Strawberries with hints of walnuts, asphalt and bark. Dried flowers, too. A very classical style Barbaresco: elegance and velvety, with ripe and spicy fruit. Strong tannins, but elegant. Good structure and concentration. Very long life. 

Critics' Tasting Notes:

"Pio Cesare excels when it comes to the classics, and this wine is one of those. The 2018 Barbaresco (released one year later compared to its peers) delivers some mild candied raspberry ripeness with lilac, tarry smoke, cedarwood and spice. The mouthfeel is silky smooth with softly integrated tannins." Drink 2023-2038

93/100 points, Monica Larner, WINE ADVOCATE, August 2022

"Bright, medium density ruby garnet. Inviting, very finely drawn nose with pronounced notes of wild raspberry, rose hip and black tea. Substantial, with robust tannins on the palate, shows a lot of pressure, hearty, resonates for a long time."

93/100 points, FALSTAFF (Austria), October 2022

Serve with red meat dishes, game or seasonal truffle, mature cheeses.

WHY BUY FROM US?

Why Choose Us? Amazing Deals. No minimum order, competitive prices, and discounts on bulk orders. We package wine in singles, threes, sixes, and twelves for delivery by our carriers. Buy six bottles or more to save 6%, or a dozen bottles or more to save 10% on still or sparkling wine*. Delivery charges: Free local delivery for orders over £85, Free mainland UK delivery for orders over £135. 120-day money-back guarantee. Secure online payments. Please check with us if you need a particular bottling or label design before ordering. *Exclusions apply to spirits, en primeur, Champagne, selection cases, and fortified wines.

Additional Details

SKU:
IU30AR18
Size:
75Cl
Appellation:
Barbaresco
Closure:
Cork
Primary Grape/Blend:
Nebbiolo
Drink:
Drinking well now
Influence of Oak:
High
ABV:
14.5%
Vintage:
2018
Vegan or Vegetarian:
Vegan
Country:
Italy
Case Deals:
Available

You might like

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales

No thanks